Thursday, June 23, 2011

AP Lang

http://glennrowe.net/BaronCohen/EmpathyQuotient/EmpathyQuotient.aspx


I decided to take the empathy quotient quiz because I wanted to see how I actually feel towards other people, and the result I found out was that I'm average. Average is how this quiz described how I feel about other people's feelings, attitudes, and actions. I honestly thought I would be more then average because of how people say I'm loving and caring and care more about other people than I do myself, which is in many ways true, but after taking this quiz made me think differently about my actions and how I will treat others now and in the near future. I first decided to take this quiz after reading the sense in the book about empathy and it had my mind channeling in many different ways to think about the way you can act to other people and it shows how they treat you. Then, I looked in the portfolio and saw the empathy quotient quiz went on and looked at the quiz and decided this would be a great thing to do for my first assignment this summer. Empathy to some people may be something they think really strongly of or something they think very little of, in my opinion it is something I'm very interested in and when I took this quiz some new things came into view for me. After realizing that i'm only average, according to this quiz, it made me think about how when somebody comes up to me if i'm not really interested in what they are saying if I will ignore them or listen anyway just because I care about the person. New things came into view for me the new thought of how people treat others is how you should be treated, that old saying is a view of empathy it lives all around us and in this book " A Whole New Mind" it is represented as one of the six senses and is a very important role in a person's life. The quiz and the book gave me a whole new mind of my own and made me feel a little more for people even if I don't really know them that well life is hard for everyone and why make it lonely and not share your troubles and accomplishments with others right?

No comments:

Post a Comment